Main Project Contact:
Project Start Date:
Project End Date:
INNOVATE Centre for Arts, Crafts and Technology
Formerly: Arts, Crafts, & Technology Micro-manufacturing Centre (ACTMC)
Find INNOVATE on the Canadian Foundation for Innovation Research Facilities Navigator HERE
Former Team Members:
The INNOVATE Centre for Arts, Crafts and Technology is located in Inuvik, Northwest Territories (NWT), and serves communities in the Inuvialuit Settlement Region (ISR) and the Gwich’in Settlement Area (GSA). At INNOVATE Centre for Arts, Crafts and Technology our vision is to create an affordable, inclusive and supportive environment for people of all ages and provide them with necessary equipment and skills to create opportunities, earn better livelihood and contribute to a stronger economic ecosystem.
The INNOVATE Centre for Arts, Crafts and Technology's mission is to provide a well-equipped facility and empower every individual with tools and techniques to create innovative, unique products that enable them to generate a livelihood and bring about socio-economic development in the region.
As a flagship makerspace for providing a vital space where technology and traditional arts merge to create better opportunities, our values include:
- Training and motivating local artists to get upskilled and become confident to start their businesses for an improved livelihood
- Supporting and encouraging local communities by inviting them to learn, expres their creativity and contribute to social and economic wellness
- Empowering locals and inspire innovative thinking through research and preserving traditional knowledge by using modern technology
The centre is located at 65 Veteran’s Way in Inuvik NT and serves the communities of the Beaufort Delta. To date, INNOVATE has delivered training and provided equipment access in Tuktoyaktuk, Fort McPherson, Tsiigehtchic and Ulukhaktok.
INNOVATE has the following equipment available including training on all equipment and software:
- Direct colour UV printing
- CNC milling
- Laser engraving
- 3D printing
- Vinyl cutting
- Complete carpentry shop
- Silk screening
- Adobe Illustrator
- Computer lab with design software (Adobe Illustrator, V-Carve Pro, Computer-Aided Design (CAD) software)
INNOVATE offers workshops, training, and materials/methods research supports on all equipment in the centre.
Gallery (made by ACTMC members):
Check out our Facebook Page for more!
Thank You to our Sponsor,
Updated August 2021