I have had an adventurous career, working in software technology for over 20 years. I have extensive experience in all aspects of software and have held a multitude of roles from developer, architect and most recently as Chief Technology Officer for a Big Data Analytics company based in Mississauga, Ontario. There I managed the development and design of Big Data processing technology and developed a patent-pending software suite to do large scale data extraction and processing using a custom-designed Regular Expression engine. Version 2 was adapted to utilize more advanced techniques, including Context-Free Grammars over regular expressions.
For the last 5 years, I have lead a more divergent path with technology start-ups. I have founded an Educational Technology start-up in Tokyo and Toronto, DNA sequence testing in Seoul, Korea and GPS theft tracking in Japan.
I am a creative, and founded a video production agency called tencolors, which is currently based in Tokyo, Japan. We specialize in emotive storytelling and documentary filmmaking.
Through this mix of creative and technological experience, I am looking forward to working with ARI on future projects, such as the Ethnobotanical Garden project for the Virtual Museum of Canada.
- I am working toward an overhaul and re-implementation of the Ethnobotany Garden Project to better convey the ethnobotany and its importance, history and relevance in the North. The project will be a mixed media presentation of audio, photography, 360 degree tours, and photogrammetry 3D scans to better educate the world about the importance of ethnobotany in the Western Arctic.
Skills and expertise
- Web Design
- Cinematography and filmmaking
- Advanced Origami (advanced folding techniques, applications through science)
- Video production (Adobe suite: Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom)
- Photogrammetry and 3d modelling.
- Fitness, Motivation and Life Coaching
Large scale data processing and extraction using Context Free Grammars. Adaptation of v1 utilizing regular expression logic. Built for use in Big Data Analytics.
Lee, M. 2019. Cross Dox source code (version 2.0) [Source code]. Springboard
Large scale data processing and extraction with modular Regular Expression engine, to extract text data from hardcopy and digital file formats using OCR and templateable regular expressions. Patent pending (v1.0)
Lee, M. 2014. Deductions Management source code (version 1.0/2.0) [Source code]. Springboard
Coca Cola Quality Assurance lab analysis tool. Analysis and Archive tool of all QA lab tests on food products
Lee, M. 2001 Mixed Fruit Solutions source code and program (version 1.0) [Source Code].