Dr. Sunila Kalkar
Education: MBBS, MD, MHI, MEd
As the Manager, Research Ethics and Regional Programs, at the South Slave Research Centre in Fort Smith, I work to develop, support and facilitate research capacity and scientific awareness in the NWT and oversee administration of the research ethics program at Aurora College. I strive to ensure that all research receiving ethics approval from Aurora College meets the requirements of the internal college policies and applicable national standards.
I have held diverse research ethics administration positions across Toronto area hospitals over the past fifteen years. I am an Internal Medicine specialist by training and have worked as a geriatrician, an intensive care specialist and a medical school lecturer in Mumbai, India. I hold masters degrees in Health Informatics and Health Professionals Education and a graduate certificate in molecular biology.
1. Rochon PA, et al.2011.Investigator Experiences with Financial Conflicts of Interest in Clinical Trials.Trials.12:9 (12 January 2011) doi:10.1186/1745-6215-12-9
2. Rochon PA, et al.2010.Institutional Financial Conflicts of Interest at Canadian Academic Health Science Centres: A National Survey. Open Medicine.4(3):134-138
3. Rochon PA, et al.2010.Financial Conflicts of Interest Checklist 2010 for clinical research studies. Open Medicine.4(1):69-91
4. Lexchin J, et al.2008.National Evaluation of Policies on Individual Financial Conflicts of Interest in Canadian Academic Health Science Centers. Journal of General Internal Medicine.23(11):1896-903. PMID: 18716848
5. Reddy M., et al.2008.Treatment of Pressure Ulcers: A Systematic Review.JAMA.300(22):2647-2662
6. Reddy M., et al.2007.Oral Drug Therapy for Multiple Neglected Tropical Diseases: A Systematic Review.JAMA.298 (16):1911-1924. PMID: 17954542