The Aurora College is currently seeking a full-time, term position of Vice President, Research located in Inuvik, Northwest Territories.
- Completion of a PhD in Science; and
- 10 years progressive experience in fields of post-secondary education and research.
- Experience in a northern research context is an asset.
- Equivalent combinations of education and experience will be considered.
The salary for this position starts at $64.22 per hour (approximately $125,229.00) plus an annual Northern Allowance of $15,279.00.
- The VP, Research reports directly to the President of Aurora College as one of 6 members of the Senior Leadership Team and collaborates regularly with the Vice President, Education and Training, the Vice President, Communities and Extensions, the Vice President, Student Affairs and the Director of Finance.
- Working directly with the Research Advisory Council (RAC), the right candidate will seek advice and direction for the research programs through the RAC as a standing committee of the Aurora College Board of Governors. This role will provide input into, and recommendations concerning strategic planning for research and innovation at the College and providing advice to the Legislative Assembly on science activities as requested.
- Your work will support the preparation of decision and option papers, and the presentation of financial and other analysis that will assist in developing appropriate policies and programming. Knowledge of northern research patterns, trends and funding programs is critical for the success in this position.
Competition reference: 18655
Closing: October 9, 2020
To Apply On-line Visit: https://www.gov.nt.ca/careers/en/job/18655