The following provides a list of fees for services provided by ARI. Please note that some services may not be available at each of the regional research centres. Please contact the appropriate facility to discuss your needs and arrange your logistics.
*Please note that this Fee Schedule will change in January 2018.
|Fee Schedule (all prices in Canadian dollars)|
|Student and Postdoctoral Users(see Notes 1 & 2)||Daily||Weekly||Monthly|
|Accommodations (per person)||40||238||900|
|Office / Lab Bench Space||40||238||900|
|Teaching Lab / Classroom||150||892||3,375|
|Other Canadian Users(see Notes 1 & 2)||Daily||Weekly||Monthly|
|Accommodations (per person)||60||378||1,530|
|Office / Lab Bench Space||60||378||1,530|
|Teaching Lab / Classroom||200||1,260||5,100|
|Non-Canadian Users(see Notes 1 & 2)||Daily||Weekly||Monthly|
|Accommodations (per person)||80||532||2,160|
|Office / Lab Bench Space||80||532||2,160|
|Teaching Lab / Classroom||250||1,662||6,750|
|All Users(see Notes 1 & 2)||Daily||Weekly||Monthly|
|Snowmobile(see Note 3)||100||560||1,800|
|Outboard Motor(see Note 3)||60||336||1,080|
|Boat with Outboard Motor(see Note 3)||100||560||1,800|
|150HP Harbercraft(see Note 3)||150||840||2,700|
|Snowmobile Trailer / Boat Trailer(see Note 3)||40||224||720|
|Rifles / Shotguns(see Note 4)||10||56||180|
|General Field / Camping Equipment(see Note 5)||10||56||180|
|Satellite Phone(see Note 6)||20||112||360|
|Winter Vehicle Plug-in Fee||15||105||450|
|Airport Pick-up/Drop-off Flat Rate||150|
|Technician Assistance(see Note 7)||425|
|Call-out Flat Rate(see Note 8)||200|
|Chemical Disposal Flat Rate(see Note 9)||500|
|Row House Cleaning Flat Rate(see Note 10)||100|
|Conference Room Cleaning Flat Rate(see Note 10)||250|
|Warm Storage Flat Rate(see Note 11)||400|
|Administration Fee (see Note 12)||10%|
- Accommodation, office and equipment rental discount rates are based on 7 days for the weekly amount and 30 days for the monthly amount. Rentals must be for consecutive days to qualify for the weekly and monthly rates.
- All equipment rental rates are based on the minimum daily rates only; damage or loss of equipment will incur additional costs.
- In order to rent snowmobiles, outboard motors, and boat/motor sets, users must have a valid operator’s license. Evidence of completion of a snowmobile safety course, or a Pleasure Craft Operator's Card, must be presented at the front desk before equipment will be signed out.
- In order to rent, handle or store fire arms at WARC, users must have a valid Possession and Acquisition Licence. This must be presented at the front desk before fire arms will be signed out.
- General field/camping equipment is any piece of equipment that is not motorized, and is not listed separately on our equipment list.
- Satellite phone rental rates do not include airtime or usage fees. These fees will be billed to the user.
- Technicians are available to assist with your field work at a rate of $425 per normal working day (7.5 hours total). Field work in excess of 7.5 hours per working day will result in a charge to recover costs for overtime hours. Overtime hours also apply to field support on weekends and local/national holidays.
- A minimum flat rate call out fee of $200 will be charged for requests made outside of business hours (Monday to Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.), and for arrivals on evenings, weekends or holidays.
- No long term chemical storage is available at WARC. All chemicals are to be removed by the user, or they will be disposed of at the user’s expense ($500 per chemical regulated by the Transportation of Dangerous Goods Act).
- If substantial cleaning of a row house is required after a group checks out, a flat cleaning rate of $100 per person will be charged. If substantial cleaning of the conference room is required after a group checks out, a flat cleaning rate of $250 will be charged.
- Long-term storage of materials and equipment is available at WARC via prior arrangement with the Manager. Warm storage in the WARC loading bay costs $400 per year.
- A 10% administration fee is applied to recover costs for services performed by ARI for: 1) purchases that the agency makes on behalf of a third party, 2) shipping costs charged to ARI’s freight account and 3) brokerage fees.