The purpose of the Research Fellowship Program is to:
- Promote research which contributes to the social, cultural, and economic well-being of the people of the NWT;
- Support research projects that seek active community participation;
- Develop the research capacity within the NWT; and
- Encourage partnerships between researchers and Aurora College staff and students.
The Aurora Research Institute Research Fellowship Program provides up to $6,000 in funding to off-set expenses associated with research projects based in the NWT. We welcome applications from researchers in the health, social, applied, physical and natural sciences. Community initiated research is strongly encouraged. Typically fellowships are awarded to students, community researchers and early career researchers.
Successful fellowship proposals will have well-defined, methodologically sound, research plans that are considered achievable within the proposed budget, timeframe and personnel resources of the project. Successful applicants will demonstrate that their research involves meaningful participation of NWT residents in key roles. They will clearly outline how the funds will be used to further their project's success. Applications will be assessed according their strengths in each of the five following areas: northern capacity building & community engagement, research design, research outcomes, northern knowledge translation and budget. See the instruction sheet for further details.
Prior to preparing you application, please be aware that:
- No overhead costs will be covered by this fellowship. If proposed, any overhead costs will be subtracted from the value of the award (examples of overhead costs: institutional administrative fees, travel expenditures to-from the NWT);
- If additional resources are required, grants may be conditional upon securing all required funding;
- Incomplete and/or late applications will not be considered; and
- International applicants are welcome, but may only accept funding through their home institution or a partner institution in the NWT.
Applications are to be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is midnight (MST) January 15th.
To download the application, click on the files below. Prior to filling out the application, please read our Research Fellowship Instruction Sheet.
For more information, please contact the Manager, Scientific Services.